Popular Posts

Thursday 4 September 2014

Beetroot Heaven

Like a lot of my vegetables this year my beetroot is a lot to be desired .
I have never grown them so big.
Soooo big i decided to make some Sticky  Beetroot Marmalade from a recipe i found in a country magazine a friend gave me and here it is .


I usually grow beetroot because i like it pickled in vinegar,but i must say the marmalade tasted really good with cheese and biscuits. Somebody mentioned making beetroot muffins so i think i will give them a try next......xx

2 comments:

  1. My early sowing all got munched but I have a late sowing coming on which will hopefully result in a few beetroot. Your sticky marmalade looks a little like the beetroot chutney I made last year which was delicious. Beetroot muffins! Now there's a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious. My beetroot was a complete failure this year, I'm hoping for better things next year.

    ReplyDelete